What is a cloud server and how does it work?
A cloud server is a virtual server (rather than a physical server) running in a cloud computing environment. It is built, hosted and delivered via a cloud computing platform via the internet, and can be accessed remotely. They are also known as virtual servers. Cloud servers have all the software they require to run and can function as independent units.
What is the cloud?
The cloud is commonly used to refer to several servers connected to the internet that can be leased as part of a software or application service. Cloud-based services can include web hosting, data hosting and sharing, and software or application use.
‘The cloud’ can also refer to cloud computing, where several servers are linked together to share the load. This means that instead of using one single powerful machine, complex processes can be distributed across multiple smaller computers.
One of the advantages of cloud storage is that there are many distributed resources acting as one – often called federated storage clouds. This makes the cloud very tolerant of faults, due to the distribution of data. Use of the cloud tends to reduce the creation of different versions of files, due to shared access to documents, files and data.
What are the benefits of a cloud server?
- A cloud server gives the business user stability and security because any software problems are isolated from your environment. Other cloud servers won’t impact on your cloud server and vice versa. If another user overloads their cloud server, this will have no impact on your cloud server, unlike with physical servers.
- Cloud servers are stable, fast and secure. They avoid the hardware issues seen with physical servers, and they are likely to be the most stable option for businesses wanting to keep their IT budget down.
- Cloud servers provide a faster service for your money. You’ll get more resources and a faster service than you would for a similar price of physical server. A cloud-hosted website will run faster.
- You get scalability with cloud servers. It is very easy and quick to upgrade by adding memory and disk space, as well as being more affordable.
Why use Probrand for your cloud servers?
- Between them our teams of highly skilled people have decades of practical infrastructure experience and have consulted in ultra-complex environments like Azure
- VM Ware Enterprise Partner
- HP and Microsoft Gold partnerships
- Dell Premier Partner
- Our committed technical team are experienced at delivering projects on time and on budget, allowing complete business continuity
- We roll out projects on a planned, low risk basis.
What are the benefits of using Probrand’s servers over another provider?
- Our cloud-based servers run across multiple cloud configured servers, so you have the ability to upgrade whenever you want to
- No risk of hardware failure
- Superior performance that cuts browser waiting time for your staff and customers, increasing your business productivity
- Fast connection speeds
- Fully managed support so that you receive a no-hassle service from our dedicated team who are committed to customer satisfaction.
Cost-effective solutions that will save your business money when compared with a physical server.
Thinking of moving to the cloud?