The fundamental management challenges for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) are similar to those of larger enterprises.
SMBs must also contend with disparate tools to manage, monitor and report on the health of their network.
SonicWALL's Management and Reporting Solutions offer SMBs tremendous value in providing uniform management for SonicWALL appliances coupled with the value of real-time logging and historical reporting.
Features & benefits.
SonicWALL management, monitoring and reporting solutions deliver many benefits for small- to medium-sized businesses, such as:
- Granular views of firewall activity for both inbound and outbound traffic
- Increased productivity by streamlining provisioning of SonicWALL appliances and eliminating wasteful use of network resources
- Management of current bandwidth usage to aid in capacity planning
- Affordable upgrade paths from single site reporting services to fully distributed management and monitoring functions
- Immediate insight into network disruptions or attacks allowing for rapid response
- Flexible software, hardware and virtual appliance deployment options
SonicWALL also offers many extra advantages for SMBs, including:
- Comprehensive graphical reports and logs across security services
- Customizable reports including executive summaries and user-based reporting
- Reporting to support regulatory compliance initiatives
- Integrated reporting, management and monitoring application suite
- Simplified network management across all SonicWALL appliances
To accommodate growth and evolving network requirements, small- to-medium sized businesses can scale their investment from reporting and logging services on one or more appliances through upgrades that allow full management and monitoring with sophisticated SonicWALL solutions.
The following are general guidelines:
SonicWALL ViewPoint is ideal for Small and Medium Business who would like to report on one to five SonicWALL appliances and/or services across a business site using ViewPoint on a general-purpose server. SonicWALL ViewPoint can be deployed as a software application on a third party Windows® server (leveraging existing infrastructure), or as a SonicWALL ViewPoint Virtual Appliance in a VMware® environment (further leveraging shared computing resources to optimize utilization, ease migration and reduce capital costs).
SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS).
GMS is the product of choice for small and medium business who would like to manage, monitor, and report on 10 or more appliances and/or services across a LAN or WAN using a GMS system on a general-purpose server. SonicWALL GMS can be flexibly deployed as a software application on a third party Windows® server (leveraging existing infrastructure), as a SonicWALL E-Class Universal Management Appliance (leveraging a hardened high-performance appliance), or as a SonicWALL GMS Virtual Appliance in a VMware® environment (further leveraging shared computing resources to optimize utilization, ease migration and reduce capital costs).