Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are challenged to safeguard the integrity of their clients' data, as well as maintain the integrity of the network and virtual assets, while still striving to achieve an optimal Return on Investment (ROI) from their subscribers.
A comprehensive management platform must provide uniform policy enforcement to manage the interfaces and policies of multiple security, anti-spam, backup and recovery, and remote access subscriptions spanning a host of remote subscribers.
Features & benefits.
SonicWALL management, monitoring and reporting solutions aid in delivering a rapid ROI by providing a single interface to manage all SonicWALL gateway security, anti-spam, backup and recovery, and remote access products and subscriptions, which are at the core of delivering subscription services to managed service customer accounts. MSPs can define, organize and deploy thousands of appliances and custom security policies from a central dashboard. SonicWALL can automate scheduling and execution of tasks defined by the MSP's Service Level Agreement (SLA). Additionally, MSPs can quantify the value of the management services rendered to subscribers with customizable subscription reports displaying the effectiveness of the SonicWALL security subscriptions.
SonicWALL management, monitoring and reporting solutions offer many benefits specifically for managed service providers (MSPs) solution providers and system integrators, such as:
- Reduction in provisioning time and onsite visits, resulting in more efficient operations
- Elimination of repetitive policy tasks that may result in potential security oversights
- Demonstration of the value of security subscriptions to the subscriber using schedulable and customizable reports
- Rapid identification of network disruptions and network downtime to help maintain contractual service levels
- Management of multiple disaster recovery sites from a single Security Operation Center control point
- Flexible software, hardware and virtual appliance deployment options
SonicWALL provides MSPs with many extra advantages, including:
- Network management and service provisioning tool
- Event monitoring and alerting
- Customer activity and security subscription reporting
- Scalable and distributed architecture
- Co-terminated support across all managed customers
- License management of security subscriptions and services from one centralized dashboard
- Various Web services, SNMP, and CLI based integration options for the MSP's existing Line of Business, Professional Services Automation, and Network Management applications
Global Management System.
MSPs managing from 10 to thousands of appliances and/or services in a Network Operations Center or Security Operations Center (NOC/SOC) environment use the SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS) on one or more general-purpose servers. SonicWALL GMS can be flexibly deployed as a software application on a third party Windows® server (leveraging existing infrastructure), as a SonicWALL E-Class Universal Management Appliance (leveraging a hardened high-performance appliance), or as a SonicWALL GMS Virtual Appliance in a VMware® environment (further leveraging shared computing resources to optimize utilization, ease migration and reduce capital costs).