Enterprise networks must constantly adapt to maintain a balance between the functional needs of end-users and the connectivity needs for branch sites, without compromising the security posture of the company.
When managing multiple devices and security policies, complexity grows exponentially in relation to the number remote sites that must inherit the same level of protection as the central site.
Features & benefits.
SonicWALL management, monitoring and reporting solutions help enterprises manage hundreds or thousands of SonicWALL devices and their security policies across distributed geographic locations. These solutions securely centralize management, system-level access, auditable logging and compliance reporting to aid in global regulatory initiatives. They also provide enterprise-class scalability, deployment flexibility and redundancy, which assists in maximizing network uptime resulting in lower project risk. All of this ultimately translates to a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) in managing distributed enterprise networks.
SonicWALL management, monitoring and reporting solutions provide many unique benefits for enterprise organizations, such as:
- Simplified security management, resulting in greater IT operational efficiencies
- Support for compliance and regulatory initiatives to mitigate risk and avoid security oversights
- Reduction in time spent provisioning and managing SonicWALL appliances
- Granular control of SonicWALL appliances and security services
- Automation of policy administration across multiple sites, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) for network infrastructure
- Flexible software, hardware and virtual appliance deployment options
SonicWALL offers additional enterprise advantages, including:
- Centralized security, policy and network management
- Efficient configuration of hub-and-spoke and mesh VPN connections
- Active device monitoring and alerting
- Intelligent reporting and activity visualization
- Centralized event logging
- Schedulable updates and configurations
- Various Web services, SNMP, and CLI based integration options for the organization's existing enterprise applications
Depending upon the size and scale of deployments, large and distributed enterprises can optimize investments and performance for full management, monitoring and reporting.
The following are general guidelines:
ViewPoint is ideal for enterprises who would like to report on 1 to 5 SonicWALL appliances and/or services across a single enterprise location. SonicWALL ViewPoint can be deployed as a software application on a third party Windows® server (leveraging existing infrastructure), or as a SonicWALL ViewPoint Virtual Appliance in a VMware® environment (further leveraging shared computing resources to optimize utilization, ease migration and reduce capital costs).
SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS).
GMS is the product of choice for enterprises who would like to manage, monitor and report on from 10 to thousands of appliances and/or services across a LAN or WAN using GMS on one or more general-purpose servers. SonicWALL GMS can be flexibly deployed as a software application on a third party Windows® server (leveraging existing infrastructure), as a SonicWALL E-Class Universal Management Appliance (leveraging a hardened high-performance appliance), or as a SonicWALL GMS Virtual Appliance in a VMware® environment (further leveraging shared computing resources to optimize utilization, ease migration and reduce capital costs).