Power Meets Simplicity - Smart Wireless LAN Controller.
Now, any organization with a limited IT staff and budget can quickly and inexpensively create a highly-secure wireless LAN (WLAN) - with ZoneDirector 3000. Capable of centrally managing up to 500 ZoneFlex 802.11g and 802.11n Smart Wi-Fi access points (APs), ZoneDirector 3000 is designed for ease of use, high performance, and low cost of ownership.
Ruckus Smart Redundancy ensures high network availablity and is easy to use with automatic synchronization of configuration and authorized users between ZoneDirectors.
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing automates deployment, eliminates the need to run Ethernet cable to every Smart Wi-Fi access point
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle
- Dynamically-generated Pre-Shared Keys (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Directory, and RADIUS authentication with dynamic VLAN assignment
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments
- Minimizes erratic Wi-Fi behavior, enabling uninterrupted voice calls, through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network
- Aeroscout location services support
Easy to Deploy and Manage
- Seamless integration with existing switches, firewalls, authentication servers and other network infrastructure
- Can be placed within any Layer 2/3 network
- Automatically discovers and configures ZoneFlex APs
- Automatically adjusts AP transmit power levels and RF channel assignments to avoid interference and enable redundant coverage
- Dynamic RF controls over transmit power and channel assignments
- Supports 32 unique WLANs mapped to specific APs or VLANs
- Installs in minutes with intuitive web-based wizard
- Customizable dashboard provides instant access to a variety of client and network information and events
- Real-time heat map displays AP locations and signal coverage, and Smart Mesh Networking topology
- SpeedFlex allows administrators to locally or remotely determine client Wi-Fi performance
- Unmatched total cost of ownership
- Provides features not found in costlier WLAN systems
- Requires little IT time