The “IT Lite” Wireless LAN Solution For Smaller Businesses.
The first complete wireless LAN (WLAN) developed specifically for the needs and budgets of small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) and hotzone operators.
Redundant and secure, the ZoneDirector 1000/1100 gives them the same enterprise features as the ZoneDirector 3000. It’s perfect for operators who want to offer business class hot spot services such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video, secure enterprise access and tiered Wi-Fi services in venues such as hotels, airports, schools and public buildings. Easily deployed, centrally managed, and automatically tuned, ZoneDirector 1000/1100 is ideal for small businesses that require a robust and secure WLAN.
The ZoneDirector 1000/1100 integrates the Ruckus Smart/OS application engine that delivers advanced features such as smart wireless meshing, high availability, hot spot authentication, elegant guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security. It can be deployed and operated by non-wireless experts and installed quickly and easily through a point-and-click web-based wizard. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing that is self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance through better spatial reuse
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Director, and RADIUS authentication and dynamic VLAN assignment capabilities
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments
- Automatically ensures predictable performance for voice, video, and multimedia through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network
Easy to Deploy and Manage
- Seamlessly integrates with existing network, security, and authentication infrastructure
- Automatically discovers and configures ZoneFlex APs, which become instantly manageable
- Dynamic RF controls over transmit power and channel assignments
- Supports 32 unique WLANs mapped to specific APs or VLANs
- Is easily configured in minutes through point-and-click web-based wizard
- Customizable dashboard provides comprehensive at-a-glance network snapshot and allows drill down to troubleshoot wireless problems
- Bridges gap between standalone, feature-deficient access points (APs) that must be individually managed and the costly, cumbersome WLAN systems
- Provides features not found in costlier WLAN systems
- Can be configured by non-IT staff
What’s New in the ZoneDirector 1100
With the introduction of ZoneDirector 1100, you will have the same ease of use and compact footprint as the ZD 1000 including enterprise class features such as centralized AP management, 802.1x security, and Smart Redundancy. The ZD 1100 comes with more memory to support more Smart WLAN features.