NetApp SnapRestore software uses NetApp's Data ONTAP® Snapshot feature to let you recover anything from a single file to a multi-terabyte volume in mere seconds.
The Snapshot process is automatic and almost instantaneous, and takes up very little of your storage space. The easy, one-command restoration that SnapRestore provides lets you choose and recover data from any Snapshot copy on your system.
Traditional data recovery requires that all the data be copied from the backup to the source and takes much more time and disk capacity.
With SnapRestore, you can:
- Restore databases fast
- Test changes with easy restores to the baseline copy
- Recover quickly from virus attacks, or after user or application error
SnapRestore helps you save on staffing resources because it is simple to use - no special training is needed.
- Recovers file systems or entire databases in almost no time, from any Snapshot copy on your system
- Requires no special training or expertise
- Reduces the chance of operator error