NetApp deduplication combines the benefits of granularity, performance, and resiliency ...
to provide you with a significant advantage in the race to provide for ever-increasing storage capacity demands.
NetApp data compression is a new feature that compresses data as it is written to NetApp FAS and V-Series storage systems. Like deduplication, NetApp data compression works in both SAN and NAS environments, and is application and storage tier agnostic.
- Utilise minimal system resources - primary data, backup data, and archival data can all be deduplicated with nominal impact on data center operations.
- Schedule deduplication to occur during off-peak times, applications can sustain critical performance but still realise significantly reduced storage capacity requirements.
- Install our simple, command-based deduplication feature in minutes. Once deduplication is enabled and scheduled, no other action is required.
- Select which datasets to deduplicate with our tools to evaluate those datasets and help point out the areas that will provide the greatest return.
- Perform a full byte-for-byte validation before removing any duplicate data for worry-free deduplication.