Microsoft Office 365 for Business is a cloud based monthly/yearly subscription package that provides online access to storage and applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), as well as providing access to collaboration and productivity tools. The service is aimed at small to medium sized businesses (user access limits apply depending on subscription level).
Features of Office 365 for Business
The subscription based service was introduced to provide small to medium sized businesses (under 300 users) with purpose designed productivity and collaboration tools. This includes providing users with device management options and other relevant online security solutions aimed at safeguarding data across all connected devices.
Office Apps (for PC and Mac)
Includes the latest versions of:
- OneDrive for Business
Office Apps (for tablets & phone)
Office 365 mobile apps may be installed on a number of PCs, Macs, phones, and tablets depending on the subscription level. Apps include:
- Skype for Business
- OneDrive for Business
- Data Storage - each user receives 1 TB of file storage (the user may sync with the stored data from a PC or Mac for offline access as required).
- Office Online - Office Online capabilities allow the user to access online versions of popular applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel from any browser.
- Create and share data with other users (this could include creating and sharing online presentations and interactive reports).
Benefits of Office 365 for Business
Office 365 Business provides users with five layers of online security - including proactive data monitoring tools - that combine to allow the service provider to boast a 99.9% uptime guarantee. The vendor also provides online support and call additional benefits beyond the security, privacy, and reliability of Office 365 business include:
- Easy to use - Office 365 Business can be deployed across a business organisation without the need for assistance from expert IT administration staff.
- Up to date software - Microsoft Office 365 Business subscriptions offer access to the most up to date versions of software through automatic updates (including rollout).
- Active Directory Integration - set and control access to business applications with single sign-on and synchronisation ‘credentials and permissions’ options.
Microsoft Office 365 Business - Security & Compliance
Microsoft Office 365 Business incorporates more than 1,000 security and privacy controls. This means that subscribers to the cloud service stand to benefit from a range of security and compliance features:
Guaranteed to meet industry regulatory terms and standards (including full considerations and up to date adherence to all international and regional standards).
Set up security groups and create custom permissions to stay in control of which users are permitted to access business data and at what times access is granted.
Subscribers may instate a mandatory password policy that requires all users to reset login details (i.e. passwords) after a specified time period has elapsed.
The cyberthreat safeguards in place with Office 365 Business also include protection against malware and unsafe email attachments, as well as alerts regarding unsafe links.
Free Technical Support with Office 365 Business
Subscribers to Microsoft Office 365 Business benefit from a range of free 24/7 support options. Telephone numbers are provided depending on the location of the user. Alternatively, online support is available. Once the assistance has been requested by the proper online channels, the user will be contacted in due course by the most relevant support worker by phone or email.