If you haven’t yet got the technology in place to enable remote working, then these amazing statistics are likely to make you wish you had.
1) The number of UK workers who have moved into remote-working has increased by nearly a quarter of a million over a decade according to the Office of National Statistics.
2) 50 percent of the UK workforce will work remotely by 2020 if this growth continues at the same rate.
And it’s likely that the trend will continue as the benefits for both employers and employees are pretty compelling:
- Reduced office costs
- Increased staff retention
- Higher employee morale
- Access to a wider talent pool
3) 45 percent of people surveyed spend over an hour commuting a day.
The time and stress saved by avoiding a commute are enticing reasons for many employees to look for a job that allows remote working.
4) 70 percent of workers feel that offering flexible working makes a job more attractive to them.
It’s clear that if you’re an employer, you’re going to have access to a much broader spectrum of talented and enthusiastic workers if you offer remote working.
5) Employee retention rates increase by 10 percent in organisations that embrace remote working according to research by Gartner.
Not only do you have access to a bigger pool of talent when you promote remote working, you’re also likely to retain those employees for longer.
6) 56 percent of start-ups worldwide have outsourced their work, contributing to the demand for remote workers.
This is unsurprising as the best way to keep overheads low when you’re starting out is to outsource to freelancers and contractors rather than having to provide office space.
7) 39 percent of people who mostly work from home often work additional hours to complete their tasks compared with 24 percent of those in fixed workplaces.
Far from losing productivity, this shows your staff actually become more conscientious when they’re in their home environment.
8) Highly mobile employees could save up to one hour per day by using Microsoft Office 365.
And this productivity increases as more Office 365 solutions are rolled out such as SharePoint, and as users become more comfortable using them.
Office 365 is a prime example of the technologies that have brought about this radical change in the way we work. Employees can now remotely access all the files and data they need, and communicate easily with colleagues, in a secure environment.
9) 9 hours can be saved on common tasks by highly mobile workers using Microsoft Surface devices.
The mobility and flexibility of Surface devices give users the tools they need to work from anywhere with the latest technology and security built in.
10) 75 percent say Microsoft 365-powered Surface devices improve productivity.
A study has shown how Microsoft 365 and Surface devices can come together to transform your chosen workspace and increase productivity.
Advantages of this combination include enhanced employee collaboration, creativity, and mobility.
Whatever your business or industry, these statistics make a highly compelling case for the benefits of remote working.