Starting point; Key questions and considerations
a. Assess the impact to the business due to loss of staff
- Would home working help?
- Who can home work effectively?
- Office workers
b. What business or personal IT equipment do staff have?
- What phone equipment do they have (business & personal)?
- What internet access do they have?
c. What remote access systems are in place?
- How many users can the remote access VPN support (any licence or capacity limits)?
- How to prevent Data Leakage?
- Printing needs?
d. Do they have a suitable home working space?
e. How would staff communicate?
f. If full home working isn't viable would partial home working benefit?
g. What non-IT resources are required?
- Meeting rooms
h. How to manage home workers?
The answers to these questions will help you identify what actions you need to take to enable remote working in your business.