The use of CCTV in schools has increased rapidly in recent years because it supports the many safeguarding processes that schools’ put in place to keep children and staff safe.
In response to the increased focus on safeguarding with guidance such as the revised Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) which became statutory on the 5th September 2016.
Here’s our top reasons to install CCTV in your school:
- Quickly access and review incidents, and provide information to relevant third parties when required.
- Provides a deterrent to potential intruders. With a monitored solution, any unusual behaviour out of school hours can be reviewed and reported if needed.
- Deter other criminal behaviour, for example, this year to date there have been a reported 125 deliberately started fires in schools causing loss of data, assets and disruption to thousands of pupils learning.
- Monitor poor behaviour ‘hotspots’ for smoking, vandalism, theft etc. and easily review footage to identify those involved so further action can be taken.
- CCTV is a useful tool to support bullying prevention strategies in the school, as well as identifying truants and the persistently tardy.
- Monitor key areas at higher risk times of day, for example drop off and pick up.
- A more secure school can mean lower insurance premiums.
Used sensitively CTTV in schools can help provide a safer environment for pupils and staff, providing peace of mind for parents, governors and other stakeholders.
Find out how one college updated its CCTV system and how it benefitted their entire college community
Sign-up or log-in to Probrand's Marketplace to view CCTV products with Education specific pricing & deals